FAQ: Click on a question to see the answer, and click it
again to hide.
enabled in your browser.
Q) We'd like to have a logo, advert, or another product designed, but once we receive the designs we won't have anyone with the time or expertise to send the designs to publishers and printers. Can you help with this?
Yep. We can offer a fully managed graphics service, meaning we take care of every aspect of your design, from creating it right through to when it appears in print in your local newspaper, live on the internet, or on promotional materials in your
premises. All you have to do is let us know what you want doing with your design and when. We'll organise sending it off to the right places in the right format, and let you know what's going on in as little or as much detail as you require
Q) Can you, as well as building my website, arrange the hosting and running of it?
- Yes. We offer three options for websites - design only (self managed), design and setup (managed setup) or design, setup and running (fully managed). See the Keeping Up To Date
section of Web Design
Q) I just want to talk.. Will you talk to me?
Q) Do I need to know or give any technical details when I speak to you about web design or other products?
- If its about doing some design work, then yes... anything else, that just depends... But yes, we're happy to just have a chat about anything you'd like doing, even if it's just to help you decide what is the best option for you. You're not under any obligation to agree to anything, so feel free to speak to us, see what your options are and see if we can be of any help.
Q) What if I don't like any of the initial designs?
- No, not at all. We take care of that whole side of things for you, and we'll explain everything in clear, honest language. No tricks, and no trying to confuse you with silly made-up names! If you ever have any questions and want to know about something in more detail, just ask and we'll do our best to explain.
Of course, if you do have any technical specifications just let us know and we can work to them.
Q) Why are most of the prices shown "approximate"?
- Whatever we are designing for you, we want you to be happy with it. Initial designs are just that - initial. We will try and come up with some ideas with you before we start drawing up designs, and then modify these to your preferences. We would tend to draw up 4 - 6 initial designs and combine and adapt them two or three times, before trying out colours and other details. We are happy to make as many changes as you require, though if the extent of the changes means an inordinate amount of time is required at this design stage, we may make an additional charge for hours spent. We will always inform you of this at the time, and give you the opportunity to refuse the additional charges or changes.
If for some reason you decide not to go ahead with the project, you may ask for the return of your deposit, though we reserve the right to deduct costs for designs and modifications already made.
Q) Some other Graphic Design Websites have an "online quote generator" for things like website design- why do you not have one?
- Because everyone wants something a little bit different, we don't charge everyone the same price. It may be a little more, or a little less, depending on what you want. It wouldn't make sense to charge someone who wanted something very basic the same as someone who wanted something massively elaborate. Whatever you ask for, we will work out an individual price to suit your budget, and we won't try and charge you anything more.
and when do I pay, and is it safe?
- We don't use an online quote generator as they often tend to give a very arbitary, misleading value. The price given by one of these generators would allow you to have a website with maybe, a maximum of three pictures, and maybe a hyperlink or two - and that's your lot. We don't believe this is the right way to go about designing a web site - what we do is different from a lot of commercial web designers. Where they would use a couple of standard templates for every single web site they create and just change the colours and pictures round a little, we create you something unique and individual, so that your website stands out from the crowd, and isn't just the same as all your competitors'. It also means that if you want more than three pictures, you can have them!
What we do have, however, is a rough guide to the kind of website you might like, and roughly how much something like that would cost, which is then tailored to your requirements. We can also design you something to fit within a specified budget.
Q) Are your prices flexible?
- Our preferred method of payment is by PayPal, which offers you buyer
protection should we fail to deliver (we promise not to run away though!) and
also means that you don't have to hand over any card details to us, as these are
all kept safe and secure by PayPal. We can also take payments by credit/debit
card, cash, cheque, balance transfer or direct debit. We'll send you an
invoice with the details of your bill and how to pay, and completed designs will be sent/published once cleared payment is received.
Please also see our Payment Details
for full information.
Q) Can I request changes to designs, and do you charge to make these?
- Yes. Because everyone's needs are going to be a little different, we can alter our prices to suit your requirements and your budget. After we've spoken to you about what you need, we can give you a far more individually tailored price. The prices we give initially are an average estimate, to help give people some idea before they start. But where possible, we always try to stick to these prices, or lower.
Q) What costs are included in the prices you give, and are there any extra costs?
- Of course, you are free to ask for any changes you require - we want you to be happy with the designs produce! We'll tend to offer you a few different options anyway, and then you can pick your favourite and tell us anything you particularly like or dislike about each option. We'll take this onboard for the final design. For minor changes, we don't charge any extra, and we pretty much always
expect to make at least one set of changes, whatever we are designing. For more detailed or complex products, we expect to go through more stages of designs and modifications. It's pretty rare that we'd charge any extra for modifications, as we plan these into our prices in the first place. If we do, charges are based on the amount of time spent making the changes - so small changes would cost very little.
If you want to re-use a design at some point in the future, after it has been published, we can make any changes you need. We make a small charge for this- an example would be our re-running fee for advertising, which is usually no more than £10 and even covers sending the modified design through to the publisher.
Q) When will my design/product be published or sent to me?
- Our prices are the cost of having your desired product designed, modified and finished according to your requirements. They include the cost of the designers time and materials. In some cases we also include a physical copy of your design(s) if appropriate, on CD or USB flash drive. If you simply want to have a design created, and take care of the rest yourself, this is all you have to pay.
Things that are not included are usually charges made by other companies, for example publishers and printers. These vary and are not set by us. We can take care of these payments if you require, and will add them as separate items to your bill, or you can pay them yourself directly to the person or company concerned. These types of costs are likely to include:
-Printing costs for items from stationery and business cards to t-shirts or advert banners
-Postage costs for sending physical items such as merchandise from the printer to yourself
-Web hosting and hosting setup costs - (unless you choose a fully or partly managed web setup - see Setup Types / Keeping Up To Date
for full details
-The cost of publishing space for advertising - such as newspaper or pay-per-click fees.
- Usually, we will set a date by which we expect to have each stage completed, though if we're waiting to hear back from you things may take a little longer. We'll also give you an estimate of how long the entire project should take.
Please note, that no completed designs will be sent or published until we have received cleared payment.
LegalWeasel: Who owns the design? (copyright,
--Back to top--